Throughout its history, Ospedale Miulli has acquired vast merits in the social and healthcare fields, growing from the structural and mental points of view, and becoming a complex organization focused on patients, where the staff is an efficient and well-integrated team at the service of patients. Hereinafter there are its official recognitions: on 05/08/1938 the Ospedale “Miulli” was classified as a third category hospital; on 29/11/1962 passed in the second category; on 23/08/1967 in the first category.
Following the entry into force of the Healthcare Reform and the law N. 132 dated 12/02/1968 and considering the documents held in its historical archives that confirm clearly and unequivocally that the hospital had always been managed by the Church, Ospedale Miulli still retained its autonomy. On 12/01/1973 it obtained with the Decree N. 240 of the President of the Regional Council of Apulia the title of Regional General Hospital in view of number of hospital beds (more than 1,000), of several specialisations and the hinterland. This latest award was followed by the Decree of the Ministry of Health dated 01/10/1974, where "the services and the titles acquired by the staff of Ospedale “Miulli” based in Acquaviva (Bari) shall be treated as services and titles acquired by the staff employed at the Regional General Hospitals dependent on Hospital Boards."